Elder Nathan Walker - Utah Logan Mission - 179 East 800 North - Logan, UT 84321
nathan.walker@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Week 24 - I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Hey everyone, this week was pretty good.  We had a good amount of lessons and we were able to meet with both Steve and Valentina on Sunday.  We went over the baptismal interview questions with Steve, to see where he is at.  His only hang-ups are that he does not fully know yet if the prophets are true prophets, and he has a bit of a problem with the coffee and tea part of the Word of Wisdom.  We explained that getting a testimony of living prophets is essential, and that once that testimony is established then any of the issues with things like the Word of Wisdom resolve themselves.  We told him we would start helping him focus on knowing if the prophets are truly called of God and we challenged him to start earnestly praying for a knowledge of the truth.  He agreed.  So, we'll keep praying, I hope he gets his answer soon.  He also figured out I play the violin and he told me that I need to bring it next time so we can play together.

We also have a lot of Less-Actives that we are teaching, and we just picked up two more who want to be taught.  They are all great, I just wish we could find more non-members, but we are looking!

Anyway, cool service project this week!  We were recruited by Elder Dewey to help him slaughter 13 chickens to give to some needy Hispanic families.  So Elder Fortuna sat it out and took a nap instead, but I invited Elder Wheeler and Elder Kuck from the District to come help out.  It was an interesting experience.  After we killed the chickens, we had to pluck them and gut them.  It was a pretty dirty job, but is was for a good cause.  The families really appreciated it.

I was thinking about what to share with y'all this week and Alma 29:1-3 came to mind.
1 O that I were an angel, and could have the wish of mine heart, that I might go forth and speak with the trump of God, with a voice to shake the earth, and cry repentance unto every people!

2 Yea, I would declare unto every soul, as with the voice of thunder, repentance and the plan of redemption, that they should repent and come unto our God, that there might not be more sorrow upon all the face of the earth.

3 But behold, I am a man, and do sin in my wish; for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me.

Often times we wish that we could have some awesome power to go and convert people.  We wish we could be Angels, just as Alma wished.  What we need to realize though, is that the Lord has given us our own spiritual gifts, that we can use to share the gospel with our friends and family who do not have the gospel.  We need to be content with what we have been allotted, and not wish for more, avoiding the gifts we have been given because we feel we could use more.

I wish to invite you all to figure out your spiritual gifts, and then use them to increase the faith of those around you.  I promise that as you do this, and as you share the gospel with others, you will become someone's angel.

I love you all and I hope you have a great week.  You are all in my prayers.

Godspeed,
Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment