Elder Nathan Walker - Utah Logan Mission - 179 East 800 North - Logan, UT 84321
nathan.walker@myldsmail.net

Monday, September 12, 2016

Week 63 - Goodbye River Heights

Hello everyone!

So, transfers were a bit surprising. I got a call from President Allred last night right before bed. He's asked me to serve as a Zone Leader in a different zone. So I am not going to be finishing Elder
Johnson's training :/ I really wanted to stay in River Heights for a few more transfers. I'm a bit nervous about being a zone leader but it'll be a new experience.

We had a good week, we were able to have a lesson in the Monson home this past week and it was great, he told us a lot of inside stories about President Monson. They are a great family. We were also able to have another lesson with Sister Palte, from Zimbabwe and I think she is really starting to understand the Holy Ghost. It's interesting, we tell her facts about the gospel that we already expected previous missionaries to have taught, but she'll get excited and say she's never known that before. Each visit she says, "You're converting me slowly chaps." She's a lot of fun and we enjoy teaching her. We are
doing service for her tomorrow, as we had transfers postponed to Wednesday.

On Sunday we showed up after a missionary homecoming. An Elder Giddings that had served in the Oregon Salem Mission. I was talking with a member when all of a sudden a man walked up to me looking confused and in shock and then he gave me a big hug. It took me a second to figure out who it was. It was Elder Watson, or I guess Brother Watson now. He was the Elder that was serving in Dayton when I left on my mission. Actually, he spoke with me when I gave my "farewell" talk in sacrament meeting. It was great to see him again, he had been home from his mission for 5 days.

Anyway, we have some stuff to get done before transfers so I will leave off here. I just want you all to know that I have a testimony of our savior Jesus Christ and in his atonement, and I know that this is
his work. The priesthood has been restored to the earth and will never be taken away again. I know that we have a living prophet that leads and guides the church and as we follow his counsel we will not be lead astray.

I love you all and I appreciate your support, have a great week!


Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment