Elder Nathan Walker - Utah Logan Mission - 179 East 800 North - Logan, UT 84321
nathan.walker@myldsmail.net

Monday, May 23, 2016

Week 47 - Breaking Records

Hola!  Mis amigos!  No, I'm not going Spanish speaking, just thought I'd switch up the greeting.

Sooooo, this week has been absolutely fantastic!  We managed to solidify three people to be baptized this upcoming Saturday!  It is going to be great :)  Gracie, Devynn, and Randee!  Gracie is a nine yr old girl who we have been teaching for a few weeks.  She is super smart and is super excited to be baptized.  Devynn is a 10 yr old boy who was never baptized because he was always chose going to be with his dad on the weekends over church, but he recently decided after we visited with him, that he wanted to start coming to church and be baptized.  So that's awesome, we are excited for both of them.  Randee is Westynn's soon to be step-dad.  He has been taught by missionaries in the past, but decided that he didn't want to get married or quit smoking, so baptism never happened.  But!  After Westynn's baptism he was really quiet, and when we asked him what was wrong, he said he knew he needed to be baptized, so he has quit smoking and on Saturday, we turned from missionaries into emergency wedding planners, as in, they are going to e married this Thursday and we spent a good while helping them fill out the paperwork (it was kind of a zoo because none of us had gotten married before :p) and then Randee will be baptized on Saturday, so that is pretty cool!

Today is a super special day!  One of our investigators is a foster child, and today she is going to finally be adopted!  And we got invited :)  So we are baking her some Ooey Gooey Cake this morning and we are going to leave the mission (with president's approval of course) and go see this super special event happen! :)  She is going to be baptized next month as well, so they are all excited!

Now I will let you know what happened on Saturday!  The Spencers got baptized!  It was such a cool baptism :)  After Brother Spencer baptized his family, he teared up and it took him a bit to make his way out of the font, he announced to the audience that the feeling he was feeling was indescribable and that he was so glad that he had the chance to perform this ordinance for his family.  The spirit was so strong, it was overpowering (I may have teared up).  I am so happy for them :)  We are going over to help them find family names this week so that we can take them to the temple!  They are super exctited!  I love the Spencer Family, they are fantastic and I just realized that I get to go through the temple with them in a year, just before I go home :)  It is definitely something to look forward to.

Anyway, the mission is going awesome :)  Our zone is going to break the mission record this week, we are amazed at all the miracles that we have been able to witness this month, it is a really humbling feeling realizing that it is all because of the Lord that we see success, it just makes me want to be the best that I can be, for him.  I just want to bear my testimony that I know that this is the true church and that this gospel has been restored to the earth.  I have a testimony of priesthood power and the effect that it has on the lives of other people.  I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I love seeing the power of the atonement take effect in people's lives.  I love my Heavenly Father and all that he does for each and everyone of us.  I am so glad to be serving a mission and I say this in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

Elder Walker

The Spencers


No comments:

Post a Comment