Elder Nathan Walker - Utah Logan Mission - 179 East 800 North - Logan, UT 84321
nathan.walker@myldsmail.net

Monday, February 27, 2017

Week 87 - Preston for Another Transfer!

Hey everyone, so I don't have too much time today, but I'll give you as good an update as I can.

So good news! I'm staying here in Preston! I'm really happy about that, I was worried they would move me out, but I haven't felt like my work here is done. They combined a few areas in our zone, so we have 2 less companionships now, which will allow us to help the other companionships out more. So we are pretty excited about this transfer! It also means I'll get to help dehorn and brand cattle! I was afraid I was going to miss that.

As far as this week goes, we went up to check on things in Mink Creek and the Ward mission leader told us that our investigator's husband (the one that fell off the roof) was getting his cast off that day (Thursday) and that he was determined to drive himself to the basketball game that night. He figured that was a really bad idea because he was all hopped up on pain medication and would basically be drunk driving. The Ward mission leader was super sick, otherwise he would have taken him, so he asked us to go offer to give him a lift to the game. We went up there and he was super appreciative, and his wife was amazed that we would offer to do that for him. So yeah, they love us even more now and we got to see the basketball game, so win win. Oh, it was Preston vs. Blackfoot, Mom! Just thought you'd like to know. My mom graduated from Blackfoot, for those of you who are a bit confused haha.

Let's see, we got to help out with some more flooding this week, we ended up staying in one basement till one in the morning, getting the water under control. (Yes, we got permission from President)

Elder Remfrey also got to baptize someone from his previous area! It was a great baptism, and the spirit was super strong! She roped us into singing a special musical number, and it didn't turn out too bad. It was a country song, "Changed" by Rascal Flatts, so we had to get a piano arrangement and tone it down a bit. I think someone took a video, so I'll send it and y'all can make fun of us if you want.

Anyway, I gotta get going, but thank you all for your help and support. I wouldn't be out here if it wasn't for all of you! I want you to know I have a testimony of my Savior, Jesus Christ, and that I
wouldn't want to be doing anything else right now than serving him. I've had my faith increased in so many ways, and I know that through Christ we can do all things. So keep being the great people you are and continue to be examples of true Christians!

I love you all!

Elder Walker




No comments:

Post a Comment