Elder Nathan Walker - Utah Logan Mission - 179 East 800 North - Logan, UT 84321
nathan.walker@myldsmail.net

Monday, August 8, 2016

Week 58 - New Companion - Elder Johnson - New Area - River Heights

Hi everyone!

This week has been crazy, and I can't believe it's only been a week.  On Tuesday I was paired with my son, I mean, Elder-that-I-am-training (an emeritus general authority came and ranted about mission lingo so president decided to get rid of it). I was excited to get my new Elder-that-I-am-training, his name is Elder Johnson and he is awesome.  We had 28 new missionaries arrive and they saved us to the very last.  My first impression was, "My son is way bigger than me! He's literally a spiritual giant after that scripture he shared!" (This thought occurred before the rant took place) so this past week has been awesome, for the most part.

Elder Johnson is hitting the ground running, it's awesome. I don't have to drag him along, he actually talks and wants to baptize people,  he's going to be great! The only drawback is that we are still looking for people in our area to teach which is composed almost entirely of active members, way different than Lorin Farr. However, we have found some good potentials and the members here are amazing, so we should be able to squeeze some investigators out of the area!

Some cool occurrences of the past week:

1. I met a guy yesterday who's grandson married into Craig Beecher's family
2. I ran into Sister Lexi Webb's trainer from the Knoxville mission
3. I met a missionary mom who's son is serving in the Salem mission and she heard a lot about Elder and Sister Walker in the mission office (Grandpa and Grandma Walker)
4. More people than usual have been taking pictures of us and sending them to my mom (there's a Facebook page that has every mom in Logan stalking me)
5. Our neighbor, Bishop Zollinger, owns a fruit farm and he treated us to a Zapple (carbonated Apple) it was delicious

So yeah, those were some cool things that happened. Hopefully I'll get to include finding some new investigators on the list next week. They are out there,mother are just harder to find than in Lorin Farr.

Anyway, thank you all for your prayers and thoughts, I appreciate them very much. I am grateful for the time that I get to spend out here in Utah and I can't wait to bring more souls to Christ. I love you all and I hope you have a great week!

Elder Walker
Elder Johnson






No comments:

Post a Comment