Elder Nathan Walker - Utah Logan Mission - 179 East 800 North - Logan, UT 84321
nathan.walker@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Week 12 - A Much Better Week

Hi!

This week went much better than last week.  We ended up teaching about 14 lessons, I believe, which is the most that I've done in a while.  We stayed pretty busy, between all the lessons, meetings and finding opportunities.

This Saturday, we had the opportunity to hear from Elder Ballard.  He came and spoke to the whole mission and it was great.  I have now shaken hands of two Apostles, 13 to go.  Yay!  I'm really excited for General Conference in October!  I can't wait to find out who the new Apostles are and to hear from them.  Wow, October, I can't believe that I've already been out this long (even though three months is nothing compared to 24).

I'm excited to see my investigators finally enter the waters of baptism, they actually have rock solid dates now.  I really hope I don't get transferred, I want to be able to see the people I've been working with for so long finally take that step next month.  It's crazy.  This next transfer we are getting 26 new missionaries, 26!  We have no idea where they are all going to go.  I don't even know if there are enough areas.  What I do know though, is that they need trainers.  If you take out the Elders who are Zone Leaders, and the AP's, and those who are already training, and then the not so diligent Elders, there is an 85% chance that every Elder will be training...That means me...  Scary stuff.

Anyway, I'm having a great time, Elder Nielsen is awesome, but he snores worse than Grandpa (Love you Grandpa) and it keep me up all night.  I have to throw pillows at him after a few hours because I can't take it anymore.  So, yeah, I'm really tired as a result;(  But I keep plodding along!

Elder Ballard's talk on Saturday got me really pumped up.  He talked about constantly finding and talking to everyone you see.  He said "There are a million non-members in Utah, and another million in-actives in the State as well."  So, yeah, we have a lot of work to do.  Out here we do a lot of reactivation when we don't have non-members to teach.  There are quite a few less actives who we are teaching, but most of them are really cool and we're having success in getting them out to church.  One of the Brothers we are working with however, just got kicked out of his house by his wife, I feel really bad, he's a great guy.

Anyway, the work is going great!  I love you all and I hope you have a great week!

Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment