Elder Nathan Walker - Utah Logan Mission - 179 East 800 North - Logan, UT 84321
nathan.walker@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Week 13 - Exchanges

Hey everyone,

I hope everything is going smoothly back home.  Things are going pretty good out here.  We exchanged with the Zone Leaders on Wednesday and Elder Alsterburg and I found a golden investigator in the apartments.  His name is Levi and he moved here from California about a month or two ago to get into the aviation program at USU.  We asked him at the door if he believed in Jesus Christ and God, and he said that he believed that Jesus saved us from our sins, but he hates it when people say they're saved and then go out and do bad things.  He thinks we need to actively be better.  I did a mental fist bump and was like, no way!  Us too!  He was surprised and invited us in to hear more.  We explained the Book of Mormon to him and he was like, That makes sense, I was always confused at why God would only talk to people in one part of the world and not anywhere else.  That got me super excited, so we explained that God is our Heavenly Father and that we can talk personally with him through prayer.  He thought that was cool.  Then he invited himself out to church and we didn't have to ask him at all, same with reading the Book of Mormon, so we left him with a copy and we have a lesson set up with him for this Saturday.  I'm excited!

Next weekend is Travin's baptism!  And it's solid, the Uncle finally agreed to do it then!  I'm super happy for him.  But I might get transferred after this week, which would suck because the week after that, Ivy and Karis are going to be baptized as well, plus, I want to teach Levi.  I guess whatever happens, happens though, so I'll trust the Lord.  This is the last week of the transfer, I'll find out Saturday if I'm training or anything like that, I really hope I don't get a call though, I'm still not super solid on everything and I'd prefer to feel more comfortable about it.  I'm super excited for General Conference, three new apostles!  It's going to be great :)  I'm really excited to hear what they all have to say, what with all the events that are going on and all that.  The world is moving farther and farther away from the church and at an increasing rate.

I'm almost done with the Book of Mormon, I love reading it, I spend an hour each morning reading it usually, unless I decide to read from Jesus the Christ (which is a good thing to read, all you missionaries that are about to leave) and I love all the insight it gives me.  Anyway, I'll let you know what happens to me next week, I love you all and I hope you have a great week!  You're all in my prayers.

Elder Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment