Elder Nathan Walker - Utah Logan Mission - 179 East 800 North - Logan, UT 84321
nathan.walker@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Week 16 - Green Canyon Stake

Hey everyone!  Week two in the Green Canyon Stake is complete!

I'm doing much better now, my stress levels have gone down substantially, but I'm still not very relaxed about my situation yet.  My first District Meeting actually went pretty well.  I had a few Elders come up and tell me that my training was an answer to prayer, so I'll take that as I did alright.  However, I do know that none of that was me, it was basically all the spirit.  The discussion was amazing and we all ended up teaching and edifying one another.  The training was on involving the Lord in finding, and having the courage to act on any spiritual promptings that we receive.  I'm just glad it's over with... Oh wait!  That's right... I have to give another one tomorrow.  Yay me!

Anyways, yeah, I'm doing fine.  We had another baptism this Saturday, it was great.  The turnout was crazy.  We filled the entire relief society room, with no room to spare.  The spirit was super strong, and Sue (the Sister who got baptized) bore a wonderful testimony that made me tear up.  The only downside was that the two guys who gave the talks on baptism and the Holy Ghost that ended up giving an entire account of the early Church history.  It was soooo long!  But the baptism was awesome and I'm super happy for Sue.


Sue's Baptism Day



Saturday afternoon, after the Baptism, we managed to find a new investigator and put him on date to be baptized on the 7th of November.  He's a great guy, his name is Mario.  The only problem is that he lives with his LA girlfriend and so we have to work on getting them married.  I'm excited to teach him, we have an appointment with him tonight.  So pray for us!

We also had interviews with President on Thursday, so that finally happened.  It went really well.  I love President Allred, he is a great man and he definitely has a special mantle about him.  He related things about the gospel, to me playing the violin and it was really interesting.   We also had a Family History training while we were waiting for our turn to interview.  That was pretty cool.  I love family history, I just don't know how much help I would be trying to get any farther back than grandpa has.  So if you have any Family History tips grandpa, let me know.

Anyway, I don't have a lot of time, but I love you all and I want you to know that I pray for you every night before bed.  I hope everything is going good back home.  Stay strong, and always trust in the Savior and in the promptings of the Spirit.

Elder Walker


No comments:

Post a Comment