Elder Nathan Walker - Utah Logan Mission - 179 East 800 North - Logan, UT 84321
nathan.walker@myldsmail.net

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Week 8 - First Transfer

This week was kind of hectic.  Along with our baptism not going through, it was also the last week of the transfer, and we didn't know for most of the week if Elder Wible was going to leave or not.  Well, Saturday he got the call that he was going to go ZL and so that wasn't fun news for me.  Not only that but we've had another set of Elders in our apartment because theirs is infested with Hobo spiders and we were being nice.  But now with Elder Wible and Elder Clark going ZL, and Elder Greenwood going trainer, I'm going to have to send Elder Greenwood and his son somewhere else.  It's gotten us out of our routine and we can't afford to drive them into their area everyday.

I'm staying, as you probably guessed.  My step-father will be Elder Nielsen, I think he's from the south somewhere.  I'll try to find out tomorrow.  We've been trying to have a lot of fun during our last week together though.  We showed up to district leader training in half pros, wearing shorts instead of slacks but still rocking the shirt, tie, and coat.  Needless to say we won the high priesting competition.  I'll send a picture.

We should definitely have a baptism for sure this week though.  Our nine-year old, Travin, is all set to go.  So I'll have my first baptism then.

I've been really tired, I can't fall asleep, so last night I started taking sleeping pills again, and that seemed to help.  I woke up twice this morning and I only fell asleep once.  I got up and went into the bathroom to get ready and all of a sudden I woke up on the floor and my head was hurting really bad.  I was really confused and the other Elders were calling from the bedroom because they heard a loud crash..... I guess I passed out somehow.... That's never happened before.  The Elders said I was super pale and they insisted on giving me a blessing.  I felt a lot better afterwards.  I'm fine no worries, just thought I'd testify of the power of the priesthood.  I also got to give Sister Cox a blessing of comfort, it was a great opportunity.

We did service one day and Elder Wible and Elder Clark caught grasshoppers during break and ate them.  I have video footage that I will send.

Anyway, I love you all, I want to hear from all of you :)

I'll leave you with my testimony, that this is the true church, and our Savior Jesus Christ stands at its head.  I know that through the power of the restored priesthood, we can receive many blessings and revelation if we ask for it.  I encourage you all to develop a strong foundation in Christ, and if you already have one, make it stronger.  We are all working toward perfection, we won't get there in this life, but let's all try to see how close we can get.  I love this work and I encourage you to help the missionaries back home.

Elder Walker





No comments:

Post a Comment